Re: [ide-dev] Eclipse IDE popularity: Snyk report vs download stats

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 2:08 PM Torkild U. Resheim <torkildr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That said maybe the Eclipse Foundation should do its own poll and try to make it as representative as possible?

I think it's hard to build such a poll and get representative votes. Specifically when a lot of people following the Fondation communication channels are specifically of Eclipse IDE users; you can't undo history ;)
To me, we don't need more numbers than the current ones we got. Download numbers, contributions numbers and their trends are reliable enough and easy to get often enough without 3rd party intervention to know whether we're doing relevant work.

Back to the top