[ide-dev] ZT 2017 survey vs Snyk 2018 survey: Eclipse IDE +18%

Hi all,

Some good news from questionable surveys (statistically speaking at least)
https://zeroturnaround.com/rebellabs/developer-productivity-report-2017-why-do-you-use-java-tools-you-use/ and what can be perceived as its continuation (as it was done and promoted by the same person with the same network but in another company) https://snyk.io/blog/jvm-ecosystem-report-2018-tools

Eclipse IDE: +15%
Apache NetBeans: -2%
IntelliJ: -9%

Let's hope this optimistic numbers are realistic enough to ensure we're on a good trend.

FYI, on the topic of numbers, our team at Red Hat is currently working on building some good download stats relying on https://dev.eclipse.org/committers/committertools/stats.php and -more importantly- trends from installer and packages downloads. We hope we'll be able to share results with you in a few months (it takes time to ensure we measure the right thing and we started a few days ago).

Cheers

--
Mickael Istria