Re: [ide-dev] Mis-Leading Marketplace Proposals

On 04/26/2017 04:53 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
IMHO, this is just another example of where our lack of architectural control feeds the tragedy of the commons. There really should be a central body that approves these things. I guess for now, for jar files, Gunnar will have to do ;)
So far, Marketplace has been very successful, entry discovery by file type well received and the amount of such issues very limited (this is the only occurrence I'm aware of). Our usual distributed workflow which allows anyone seeing an issue to open a bug and contact others to get it resolved has worked well.
So I don't think this is a big issue. Nor that a centralized approach would be more efficient that the current state based on trust in the submitters and collaboration between stakeholders; on the contrary, a centralized review would create a bottleneck where we don't have one at the moment.
Overall, I have the impression that considering this issue as architectural and categorizing it in a tragedy of commons is overthinking.

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for Red Hat Developers

Back to the top