Re: [ide-dev] Java IDEs comparison

I spoke with guys from a web company using Eclipse, @Code, and WebStorm.
They use Eclipse for the integration with Java Backend and Ant, but they prefer @Code and Webstorm for the speed, and say @code is great for its intellisense
BTW, they don't know all the features of Eclipse
(I will report details to WTP team)

 - To improve Eclipse editor speed and suggestion accuracy, we'd benefit having architectural descriptions of the underlying eclipse system, and guidelines on how to fix.
If it is easier to understand, it is easier to fix/improve
 - To have more users adopting Eclipse, we should explain in a simple way which are the top features we provide.
 - To understand how users are currently using Eclipse IDE, we could run a survey, or collect data in Eclipse (perhaps by re-using the AERI structure?)

People who care about IDE consistency would better contribute bugs and patches to Platform UI rather than spend time "just" discussing on whatever council IMHO.

Personally, I could fix consistency bugs easier If you give me a page (a single point of access) with Architectural guidelines, and from there, you point me to related best practices.
(i.e.) we should fix DependencyInjection in components A, B and C. -> look at these pages explaining the best practices to fix D.I..

I think The Architecture Council should periodically check and address most important issues.

Best Regards,
Patrik Suzzi
Software
Engineer, Eclipse