|Re: [ide-dev] Code editors in the Eclipse (IDE)|
Finally implementing all this directly into TextEditor will most likely
not work because one will interfere with subclasses like JDT, Xtext, ...
and IIRC the editor uses SourceViewer as now (subclasses like JDT
overwrite that) and eg for Folding you need to have a ProjectionViewer.
Leave it alone and start with a clean code base who takes the lessons
learned since then and implement a new one:
* who uses services
* who uses dependency injection
* who can run in
- the Eclipse IDE
- an e4 application with core.resources
- an e4 application without core.resources
- an plain java-application without core.resources
- an e4 application with SWT
- an e4 application with *fill-in-your-favorite*
* don't use preferences to carry colors, they should come from a theme
Now to finish up: Can this be done, is there a PoC.
Yes there is:
Back to the top