Re: [ide-dev] Eclipse's Usability Issues Summarized

Who are you, and what have you done with our curmudgeonly friend Doug? :D

On 10/06/2015 10:29 AM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
LOL, yes. It’s probably a good thing we’re running without a product manager ;).

BTW, we’ve made some great strides on the UX front with Mars. And we have some good things planned for Neon, like project import auto discovery. I have a couple more I’ll be proposing in the next few weeks with the New Project wizard and adding IU requirements to projects so that we can install the plug-ins that projects need when they are created or brought into a workspace. I think Michael Scharf has mentioned that a few times.

I’ve received great feedback on the LaunchBar and our Remote TM work and the Console Command Shell. We need to consider how we’d introduce them into the IDE packages. My biggest fear is introducing something major to the community without proper education on how to use it. And that points back to the Eclipse IDE web site, or probably an improved help system/welcome page.

Lots to do, but we have momentum and I think we can all be proud of that.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top