Re: [ide-dev] [epp-dev] Package maintainers: I need you to weigh in on this discussion.

s/the IDE/an IDE/

On Nov 25, 2013, at 2:30 PM, Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There is no "IDE working group". Although I do hope that someone will step up to drive the process of writing a charter and getting it created.

Regarding why Workspace Mechanic is the first, I'm not sure if I understand the question. Something has to be the first one we try. It seems to me that no matter which one we pick to be the guinea pig, we will learn a lot about what's possible.

From: Greg Watson
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 9:48 AM
To: Eclipse Packaging Project
Reply To: Eclipse Packaging Project
Cc: Discussions about the IDE
Subject: Re: [epp-dev] Package maintainers: I need you to weigh in on this
discussion.

Rather than the current ad-hoc approach, maybe the IDE working group could come up with a prioritized list of potential features to add to the packages? We could solicit suggestions and create a list that could include such things as who is going to maintain the feature, the impact it's likely to have on the packages, and who is going to test the feature for each package. Based on this, the list could identify in which release the feature will be included. Perhaps features could be sponsored by companies willing to fund their maintenance in return for a modest amount of advertising (something on the welcome page and a logo, for example)?

Regards,
Greg