Re: [ide-dev] Fw: Catching Exceptions via Plugin

On 10/17/2013 04:46 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
Mind you, I did appreciate the question. It reminds us how complicated it can be for new people to navigate our project structure and find the information they need.
In general, opening a bug or asking for help in a modular project is a nightmare for people who don't know much of the internals of the project. It makes the bar pretty high. New users don't understand much about what is Platform, what is Tools, what is Technology, and probably don't even understand any of the acronyms used by Eclipse projects... It's not a good idea to expect such a high level of knowledge for a bug report.

Maybe it would make sense to create an "IDE" Bugzilla component and make it default component for bug reports (people using the simple bug report page). People interested in IDE (we) would monitor the inbox list for this entry and route it to the right component. If later someone gets paid by an IDEWG to work on IDE, it would become a task of this employee.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top