[hudson-dev] Questions and ideas for JSR330 plugins

Hi

As far as I have understood the benefits of JSR-330 plugins, one of
them is that Hudson can inject "components?" into plugins.

However  I haven't found a good overview of which concreate resources
hudson provides which can be injected. do we have some documentation
which highlights these ?

One idea for a injectable component could be a PluginContext which
should help the plugin behave nicely. I see this context providing the
following:
* A configured Logger of our own making. This way we can control the
logger name and provide a standard naming convention, so that users
don't need to hunt around for class names.Secondly haivng it be a
Hudson class, we would separate plugins from the underlying framework
and hopefully avoid the flurry of 3. party frameworks
* A File object pointing to a work directory where the plugin is free
to write files. Right now most plugins just pick somewhere random
inside hudson-home
* Ability to query Hudson version and other metadata, plus
better/cleaner way of finding other plugins.

Comments ?

Best regards
Henrik

Back to the top