[hono-dev] Device Registry HTTP API

Hello Hono developers,

Some of you might already be aware of the fact that we are currently in the process of defining an HTTP API for the device registry services of Eclipse Hono. The API is intended to provide a common API for managing devices, via HTTP. We will still have the (unchanged) AMQP 1.0 API, which is used by Hono itself to authenticate/authorize devices.

A lot of work went into the PR, and I think we have reached a consensus of how the API should look like. I would like to invite you, to take a look yourself:

PR and discussion on GitHub:

Running Swagger UI of API spec:

Next steps:

* Hono comitters: Please have a look, and give a +1 or -1 on the current state
* Everyone else: Please have a look, and let us know if you see some major flaws or problems with this API
* Unless a major issue is discovered, or we see a -1, I plan to squash and merge this PR on Friday 2019-05-24

Beyond that:

* We can focus on the actual implementation,
* and on the remaining issue of defining basic "search" operations for the APIs

Thanks to all who helped!!

Cheers

Jens

--
Jens Reimann
Principal Software Engineer / EMEA ENG Middleware

Red Hat GmbH, www.de.redhat.com,
Managing Directors: Paul Argiry, Charles Cachera, Tom Savage, Michael O'Neill

Back to the top