Re: [hono-dev] Multi-Tenancy configuration in Qpid dispatch router

Hi Bala,

we are currently using Dispatch Router 0.7.0 which does not support the "multiTenant" property:

https://github.com/apache/qpid-dispatch/blob/0.7.x/python/qpid_dispatch/management/qdrouter.json

I have no idea what it is supposed to do and, consequently, do not know whether it would help to achieve what we need.

But thanks for the hint :-)

We are also currently not defining tenants per se but we only define groups for authorizing access to addresses (as you already found out).

Virtual hosts wouldn't help us FMPOV as the tenant information is encoded in the address of the messages. We use this approach so that receivers from arbitrary tenants can receive messages sent to arbitrary addresses. I do not think that we could achieve this with using a virtual host per tenant because a receiver could then only receive messages that have been sent to the same virtual host that the receiver has connected to.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kai Hudalla
Chief Software Architect

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Schöneberger Ufer 89-91
10785 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.com

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 148411 B;