[higgins-dev] Notes for Higgins Developers call on October 16

Attendees

* Brian Carrol - Serena

* Dale Olds - Novell

* Drummond Reed - Cordance

* Mary Ruddy - Meristic/SocialPhysics

* Markus Sabedello - Parity

* Jim Sermersheim - Novell

* George Stanchev - Serena

Paul Trevithick - Parity/SocialPhysics

* Brian Walker - Parity

Time: noon    EDT (1700 London; 1800 Vienna, Paris, Berlin)
Dial-in:
1-866-362-7064 / 892048#

Agenda

1. [Brian] We are still working on 1.1M4.

  • Build may need to be moved out another week for STS updates and pre-build  regression testing.
  • http://wiki.eclipse.org/Higgins_1.1M4
  • We are sill working on getting the STS SOAP stuff done.  So instead of pushing out the M4 build further, we are just going to go ahead and do it in the next couple of days.  He will send out an email. When the  STS stuff is complete will slot it into the next milestone build.  Want to give people enough time to do regression testing on STS before it is included in a build.
  • There is a problem with the current configuration code that needs to be fixed before the build.  Jim will log a  bugzilla item and Brian will follow up with Greg.

2. [Paul]
Boston Higgins F2F October 27-29

  • Discuss this agenda:
  • http://wiki.eclipse.org/Oct_27-29_Boston_F2F_Agenda
  • A number of additional topics have been added to the proposed agenda.  We walked through the topics.
  • We added items such as models as entities, and dependencies redistributable.

3. [Mary] Status update on updated version of Higgins Home page.

  • Based on  discussions at the last two calls, we are going ahead with updating the home page to have three focus areas  (selectors, web services, and identity attribute service.) We have started the process of getting the page layout changed and are getting new illustrations made.

4. [Paul] I4 Testing

  • The OSIS group would like to have all solutions complete their testing by IIW.
  • The RCP Selector  (among other things) is not tested
  • http://osis.idcommons.net/wiki/Category:I4_Interop
  • We wanted to get this done by IIW November 10. Parity is going to try to get the AIR selector tested.  Novell just needs to retest one thing, but is otherwise up to date.   Haven’t heard from IBM.  This is just a reminder to our selves.

5.  Other items:

  • Drummond reminded us to register for Internet Identity World November 10-12 in Mountain View.
  • EntityId implementation issue.
    • Jim asked if a blank entityId be allowed, or if we should always return at least one.
    • Paul responded that he wasn’t feeling doctrinaire about including blank.  For parallelism with RDF makes some sense to have blank entity.
    • Please provide input.
  • We will have a short Higgins call next time, even though it is right before the face-to-face meeting.

End.

Back to the top