[higgins-dev] Higgins Developer Call Notes - 9-Oct-08

Hi all - summary notes from Higgins Developer call of 9-Oct-08

ATTENDEES:

* Brian Carrol - Serena
* Tom Doman - Novell
Dale Olds - Novell
Drummond Reed - Cordance
Mary Ruddy - Meristic/SocialPhysics
* Markus Sabedello - Parity
* Jim Sermersheim - Novell
* George Stanchev - Serena
Paul Trevithick - Parity/SocialPhysics
Brian Walker - Parity
* Hank Mauldin - Cisco

AGENDA:

1. [Brian] We are still working on 1.1M4.

  • M4 Build has been moved out another week for tentative date of 17-Oct. Still waiting for STS updates (SOAP 1.2 and    WSTrust 1.3 support) before we can do a  pre-build regression test cycle.   The plan is once the these STS updates are completed,  we will do a pre-build to give people a few days to test before doing an official M4 build.
  • http://wiki.eclipse.org/Higgins_1.1M4

2. [Mary] Boston Higgins F2F October 27-29

3. [Mary/Paul] Any additional feedback on last week's proposal for an updated version of Higgins Home page?
  • Last week we discussed and posted a proposal for an update to the center of the Higgins home page layout (see attached ppt).
  • Aside from some endorsements of the proposed design on last week's and this week's calls, there was no additional feedback during the past week or when discussed again at this weeks meeting. Based on this feedback, as well as providing Higgins-Dev time to review the UI framework over the past week, we will move ahead with this home page design.
  • We will start working with the graphic designer to clean up the current design mock-up.
  • We discussed the idea of of using the term "dataportability" as part of the description of "3rd door" of new home page web design element. Some concern expressed that this could be confused with Data Portability project. The purpose is we are trying to position Higgins as an implementation means to achieve data portability goals. Was suggested we consider the term "Identity data portability" or data interoperability. Will consider these feedback elements as we move forward with this web design.

4. [Mary] Information Card analyst paper in progress
  • Bob Blakley (an analyst at Burton Group) is updating his paper on information cards. Discussed if Higgins Dev would be ok if Bob participated in conversation on information cards and what Higgins is doing with information cards now and in future. There were no objections. Mary will coordinate the meeting with Bob.

5. [Jim/Drummond/Markus] EntityID discussion - general updates from previous discussion

  • Markus made some updates to the wiki page from discussion of 2 weeks ago (http://wiki.eclipse.org/EntityId_Requirements)
  • Noted proposed changes to IdAS API. Please review this and provide feedback to this above link.
  • Additional back up information is posted here:

6. [Paul] I4 Testing
  • The OSIS group would like to have all solutions complete their testing by IIW (Nov 10-12)
  • The RCP Selector (among other things) is not tested - we would ask someone or a group to help and test the RCP selector.
  • Some of the tests require SOAP 1.2 STS support as well - which is currently the gating factor as mentioned in M4 status note above.
  • Otherwise these won't be included in the I4 documentation.
  • http://osis.idcommons.net/wiki/Category:I4_Interop

Brian Walker
=brian.walker
VP of Engineering