From: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Sermersheim
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 2:08 PM
To: Higgins dev <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [higgins-dev] Model: Split EntityUDI into two types?

Paul,

Right now the 1.1 model allows a higgins#entityId to have values of types: higgins:EntityUDI, and xsd:string.

If the value is of type higgins:EntityUDI, there's really no way of knowing whether it's relative or absolute.

Could we instead make higgins#entityId allow values of higgins:RelativeEntityUDI and higgins:AbsoluteEntityUDI?

If CP's are going to be able to dereference entity UDI values, they'll have to know whether the values are relative or not.

If we did this, we wouldn't actually need xsd:string to be one of the allowed value types.  As I understand it, a relative entity UDI would be exactly the same as our old-style entityID strings.  So since they are syntactically and semantically equivalent, there shouldn't be a need for xsd:string.

Jim

Back to the top