[higgins-dev] Data Model: Many same-typed attributes?

Mike also resurrected this topic in http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/higgins-dev/msg03734.html

Currently we say there are 0..1 instances of a given attribute on a subject, and for any attribute, there are 1..N values.  This question is:  Should we change it so we allow 0..N instances of a given attribute, each with 1 value.

In the past, this was brought up because it would better align the IdAS APIs with the way OWL or HOWL works.

From an API point of view, I prefer the grouping one gets with a single attribute with multiple values.

I don't recall other arguments either way.  If no one is interested in re-hashing this topic, I'll let it die.

Jim

Back to the top