[higgins-dev] Can we cvsignore lib?

It seems like we're a long way from storing all dependency jar files in CVS.  Until that day comes, does anyone object to adding "lib" to the .cvsignore at each project root?

On the plus side, this would allow anyone using a link-capable OS (*nix) to create a "lib" link to a common lib directory.  This would save lots of frustration in copying jar files around as dependencies change over time.

On the minus side, people would have to create a lib directory (or link in the case above).

I don't think creating a lib directory is all that bad since we already require people to populate it today (which is much more work than making the directory).

If no one objects, I'd like to do this within the next day or two.

Jim

Back to the top