Re: [higgins-dev] new IdASRegistry

Hmm yes I think it refers to an IContext instance... I am not sure if this sentence really has a lot of meaning.

Markus

On 8/8/07, Jim Sermersheim <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Markus,

Does "container" in this sentence refer to the IContext instance or something else?

> If two ContextIds are equal, they refer to the same underlying Context dataset, although not necessarily the same Context "container" instance, and, based on the authorization of the Digital Identity passed in during authentication, may only be permitted to see a subset of its contents.

>>> "Markus Sabadello" <msabadello@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 8/6/07 7:49 AM >>>

Hi all,

Since I didn't get much feedback about the new XRI/XRDS based IdASRegistry, I am wondering if you guys (especially Jim and people working on Context Providers) had a chance to look at it.

I would like to check it in soon so we can get this running, and it will definitely break a few things. The changes will include replacing ContextRefs with ContextIds in the IContextFactory interface.

The relevant Wiki pages are:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/ContextId
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Context_Discovery
http://wiki.eclipse.org/ContextDiscoveryComponents

If noone objects I propose to commit this in a few days.. Let me know if I can help with anything.

Markus