[higgins-dev] Notes from today's Higgins dev call

Attendees
---------
  Alex Amies - IBM
* Paula Austel - IBM
* Jeff Broberg CA
  Duane Buss - Novell
* Greg Byrd - NCSU/IBM
  Brian Carrol - Serena
* Tom Doman - Novell
* Andy Hodgkinson - Novell
* Valery Kokhan - Parity Ukraine
* David Kuehr-Mclaren - IBM
* Mike McIntosh - IBM
* Tony Nadalin - IBM
  Nataraj Nagaratnam - IBM
  Dale Olds - Novell
* Drummond Reed - Cordance
* Mary Ruddy - Parity/SocialPhysics
  Uppili Srinivasan - Oracle
* Markus Sabedello - Parity
* Jim Sermersheim - Novell
* George Stanchev - Serena
* Daniel Sanders
  Abhi Schelat - IBM
* Paul Trevithick - Parity
--
* Present

Agenda
------
1.  Preparations for Catalyst interop. Finishing up final
development/hosting/testing work needed before the interop. Preparations for
Face-to-Face meeting before the interop

2.  Additional agenda item suggestions for F2F:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/06.25.2007_F2F_Agenda

3.  Equinox credential management for Eclipse

1.  Preparations for Catalyst
-----------------------------

Paul: There has been a lot of email traffic about preparations.  A new
version of HBX has been checked in this morning (0.8.3.1).

Tony:  Of the IdPs and RPs that are on-line, we are working with 80% of
them. WRT IdP's, the XMLDAP one still needs more work. The Higgins, Bandit,
IBM ones work, FuGen Solutions works, as does Internet2/Shib and MSFT Window
Live Labs.

Paul: Which version of STS code are you using?

Tony: The one running on the Eclipse server.

Mike:  I have not tagged the STS as M0-8.  I am working off the HEAD

Paul: Will preparing for Catalyst take all of day one of the Higgins F2F?

Tony:  We need to run through all the interactions to make sure everything
woks as well as possible.

Mike:  Need to open the scope to do related testing to make sure we have
ironed out any interoperability issues with Higgins.

Paul:  I will make this more explicit on the F2F agenda wiki page.

Paul: We are planning on going live with HBX for H1 on Friday, so others can
play with it.

Tony: We should also run through what we have on the interop wiki tables.

Paul: (See end of this email for the tables plan for Catalyst as sent by
Paul to Gerry Gebel of Burton)

Tony: Assumes no F2F meeting on Wednesday, but we would be in the Interop
room.

Paul:  New Parity person, Markus will be there.

Mary:  What is the dress code?

Tony:  Interop will be business casual.

2.  F2F agenda
--------------

Paul: Have added suggestions to agenda.  Will flesh out and re-order items.
Discussed various topics.  See
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/06.25.2007_F2F_Agenda

[Paul read thru the agenda]

Paul: I-card interfaces were updated today on the wiki.

Tony: Maybe we meet in Wednesday in the morning at the F2F location, then
move over to the interop room in the afternoon.

3.  Equinox credential management for Eclipse

Tony: can speak to this at the F2F and provide their proposal.  We have to
jump in on this bandwagon.  Some of it is dealing with other IBM people.

Paul: What should I call this on the agenda

Tony: "Equinox integration"

[Paul added it to the F2F agenda]

Paul:  Circle back with Uppili, would he like a slot on the F2F agenda.

Mary: OK

Action items
============

[Lots of preparations for Catalyst and F2F]

Hold over action items
======================

All: Review Paul's updated version of Markus' discovery draft and provide
comments

Tony: Itemize needed items not covered by the latest OSP

All: Component owners review their components with respect to discovery
needs.

Catalyst Tables Plan
====================

 Table #1
--------
Higgins H3
- demo by Tony or other
- three laptops: OSX, Windows, and Linux
- one monitor
- 3 network drops

Higgins H2
- demo by Andy Hodgkinson