Re: [higgins-dev] cardId syntax

Well .... I guess that technically it is not literally present, but is indirectly available from the auth material once you open a context - in other words, by using the auth material you can obtain the subject id.

higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03/08/2007 11:33:11 AM:

> If our objective is to ensure uniqueness of the card id, it can be
> done independent of whether you include <subject id> or <auth> or
> any other thing (in Wag, we simply append random unique data that
> the STS can safely ignore - a GUID of sorts).  I want to know why it
> is that <subject ID>, <auth>, etc. need to be in the card ID and why
> the STS would need to extract them from the card Id as opposed to
> other places in the RST where they already exist? (see previous e-
> mail I sent on this thread)

Where is the Subject ID in the RST?
I agree the auth does not need to be there.

> Daniel

> Paul,
>
> Actually, I was just using the auth part as justification for why
> "<contextId> / <subjectId> " isn't unique enough. Suspect it should be
> something like "<contextId>/<subjectId>/<uuid>" or "
> <contextId>/<subjectId>/<stsid>/<sequence>"
>
> As Jim points out the CardID also needs to be unique to a CardStore -
you
> cannot create multiple card with same id - so something needs to create
> uniqueness for multiple card from different STS over same
context/subject.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/I-Card_Interfaces#ICard_Interface