[gmt-dev] Transforming QVT relational to/with ATL

Hi

I've started looking at transforming my UMLX graphical transformation syntax to
QVT relational syntax, using ATL as an execution engine.

Comparing QVT and ATL, it would appear appropriate to take a QVT transformation
and generate the ATL for a chosen direction.

The QVT submission provides a tentative QVT transformation from QVT relational
to QVT core, so we appear to require:

1) a consistent QVT meta-model in EMF. (I have a first attempt as part of my
Ucore model in UMLX).

2) an ability to execute the tentative QVT relational to QVT core on some
transformation engine XXX (not necessarily Open Source) using/transforming
to EMF models.

3) a transformation from QVT core to ATL (written in QVT relational).

XXX can then be used to bootstrap QVT relational via QVT core to ATL,
and so provide support for QVT relational in just ATL, (or any other
transformation language YYY for which QVT core to YYY exists).

Does anyone know of a suitable bootstrap XXX?
Does anyone wish to contribute (to) a QVT core to ATL transformation?

    Regards

        Ed Willink

Back to the top