[gmt-dev] UMLX reactivation

Hi

I've put all my new UMLX code under CVS, and created an update site
at download.eclipse.org/technology/gmt/umlx.

(It would be nice if ATL was as easily downloadable - but that needs
checking that third party licenses will allow them to be bundled with ATL)

The current UMLX status may offer a distinctly better graphical Ecore meta-model
editor than EDiagram, fully Open Source and 100% Java and Eclipse-based. Early users
may need to report some pretty blatant bugs to me. Transformation support is pending.

I've created consistent subprojects/umlx/index.html etc, so that
doc/umlx/index.html is dead, although the sibling pdfs etc don't seem worth moving.

I've updated the main index.html:
	- sub-projects in alphabetical order
	- sub-project specific links in a fourth sub-project specific column

I've dropped references to vintage GMT Requirement Specifications etc - they're only
commented out if someone really wants them.

The overall project description has not been updated since its early goals,
and I don't think that anyone is actively working to these goals, so we really
should change the description to match the current and nearer term future.
Perhaps the existing text can be preserved in a separate history/long term
goals page. I'm afraid I ran out of time/enthusiasm/authority to do this
straight off.

I'll add a UMLX whats new entry in a couple of days once I've refreshed
the 0.0.0 files on the Update Site with something with active documentation.

I don't expect a great deal of UMLX email traffic until the transformation editor
and ATL interactive are working, but at that point there may be a problem. If
GMT evolves to have 10 active sub-projects, it may be a bit irritating to get
all the emails from those of less interest. Should we request per-subproject
mailing lists and newsgroups? I could activate my dormant UMLX SourceForge
project, but that is just ducking the issue. Eclipse-related communication
should use Eclipse-hosted mechanisms.

    Regards

        Ed Willink

Back to the top