Re: [gmt-dev] evolving GMT in a fully open process that allowsothers to join the effort

> > The dependencies on the target
> > language (Java in this case) should be kept in template code as far as
> > possible, rather than in the structure of the model from which you
> generate.
>
> in my view, this does not really work in practice
> (at least, if you want to keep the template readable).
> Extending the metamodel with aspects is a good
> alternative.

Sure. However you should then also ensure that these aspects are treated as
such in the generated modelling tool, so that they don't pollute the
domain-specific models.

Depending on your target language you may frequently use certain navigation
patterns, so I can also imagine target language-specific extensions of the
template language to provide appropriate shortcuts. Think that this might
address Ghica's concerns.

Jorn

Jorn Bettin
jorn.bettin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.softmetaware.com
Tel  +64 9 372 3073 | Mobile +64 27 448 3507 | Fax +64 9 372 3534

Back to the top