[gmf-dev] Referencing the object corresponding to the canvas

I have a Model class that has a list of Elements, but it is not a containment relation (Elements have a containment relation with other elements). Each Element has a reference to the model in which it is presently located. The canvas on the diagram corresponds to the Model.

When I add an Element to the canvas, I need to set the value of the Model reference. My understanding is that I need to use an ocl _expression_, but I can’t figure out how to reference either the canvas or its corresponding Model in this _expression_. Can someone tell me how to do this?

n  PCB

Paul C. Brown

Principal Software Architect

TIBCO Software Inc.

Email: pbrown@xxxxxxxxx               Mobile: 518-424-5360

"Total architecture is not a choice - it is a concession to reality."

Visit  www.total-architecture.com

Architecture Books:

-- Succeeding With SOA: Realizing Business Value Through Total Architecture

-- Implementing SOA: Total Architecture In Practice

-- TIBCO Architecture Fundamentals

-- Architecting Composite Applications and Services with TIBCO

-- Architecting Complex-Event Processing Solutions with TIBCO

The SOA Manifesto: soa-manifesto.org

  TCA

Would you fly on a plane without a certified pilot?

Then why aren’t your projects being led by TIBCO-Certified Architects?