Re: [glassfish-dev] Password Alias encrypted storage

Hi Chris,

Quick answer on where the aliases are stored. They are stored in the KeyStore used in the domain. I don’t know the encryption algorithm off the top of my head but it uses a standard JKS keystore.

Steve

From: glassfish-dev <glassfish-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of christopher.r.prince@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: 21 April 2021 15:45
To: glassfish-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [glassfish-dev] Password Alias encrypted storage

Sorry for the random question from a new subscriber; hopefully, this is a quick question.

Where is the Password Aliases stored on disk and how are they encrypted?

I am filling out some security documentation for a project, and I wasn’t able to find it in the GF documentation.  I started tracing the source code but I’m a bit short on time.

Thanks

Chris

Back to the top