[glassfish-dev] Future GlassFish releases

Hi All,

I was thinking of future GlassFish releases over the rest of the year or so and wanted to suggest a few here to gather thoughts and volunteers to lead the release.

The release lead will do the project management for the release and ensure that the release passes appropriate TCK testing before being published and will publish the artefacts over to maven central. This involves coordination with any upstream projects that you need fixes from, the TCK project and generally chasing down all the moving parts so they come together to make a coherent release.

Release – Month – Release Lead - Headline

GlassFish 6.0.0 – September 2020 – Steve Millidge – Jakarta EE 9 compatible implementation

GlassFish 5.1.1 - ??? - ??? – Minor patch release to 5.x stream

GlassFish 6.0.1 - ???? - ???? – Minor patch release post Jakarta EE 9 to fix all those little bugs bound to arise as people try it

GlassFish 6.1 - ??? - ??? – JDK 11 support to align with Jakarta EE 9.1 which will likely bring in JDK 11 formally into Jakarta EE

So to summarise do these releases look OK?

Do I have volunteers to lead any of these release?

What dates should we shoot for?

If I don’t get volunteers to lead I will obviously take responsibility as co-project lead to drive each forward but don’t beat me up on any timelines for any of them beyond 6.0.0 if that happens 😊

Steve

Back to the top