The solution back then was to remove the sun.security classes from the jar, or to remove the jar from the glassfish, depending on your needs.

HTH,

Jan

On 28.05.2020 14:56, Steve Millidge (Payara) wrote:
Grizzly npn shouldn't be required on the very latest JDK 8 versions.

-----Original Message-----
From: glassfish-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <glassfish-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Gurkan Erdogdu
Sent: 28 May 2020 13:38
To: glassfish-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [glassfish-dev] Grizzly NPN Bootstrap SSL exception in 5.1.0

Hi
Currently Grizzly NPN (grizzly-npn-bootstrap.jar) packages the some SSL class from sun.* library and this is problem with some JDKs and throwing exception as

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.setApplicationProtocols([Ljava/lang/String;)V

So most of the remote commands are failing with throwing this exception.
Can we update the latest grizzle library in to 5.1-BRANCH? Does it support JDK-8?
Regards.
Gurkan