[glassfish-dev] Time to rename the ORB packages?

The ORB classes are still located under com.sun.corba.ee.* Aside from lack of consistency, this has now turned out to be a maintenance problem, as my IDE, Intellij IDEA specifically excludes com.sun.* packages from code coverage results, since that hierarchy is generally used for the JDK. So the question is timing. I’m thinking that the time has come to do the rename. If users of the ORB are doing things correctly, only the main ORB and ORB singleton class names should be pertinent - and I can make those extend the new class names.

Thoughts?

- Russ

Back to the top