[glassfish-dev] Rationalising the GitHub issues

Hi,

I think we need to rationalise the number of GitHub issues in the GlassFish project. Currently there are 3340 issues many of which are very old and some of which are random support requests.

I suggest we have a major deletion of issues. My suggestions are;

1) Close all issues older than 2 years

2) Close all issues that are for versions of GlassFish prior to 5.x

3) Request a reproducible test case for all bug reports that don't follow the current template

Finally I think we need to create an issue aging policy.

The rules that have worked for me on other projects is;

1) Request a compilable, reproducible test case hosted in GitHub as a maven project or detailed steps to reproduce if a test case is not appropriate.

2) If a test case is not provided in 2 weeks remind the reporter of the issue of the need for a test case

3) If a test case is not provided after 4 weeks remind again

4) If a test case is not provided after 6 weeks close the issue.

Thoughts everybody?

Steve

Back to the top