Re: [geowave-dev] Setup Geowave with RocksDB/Redis on a local environment (Mac OS X)

Hi Felipe,
This is excellent timing considering we have a current PR in for Issue #1565 (Creating Simple Multi-platform Standalone Installers)

The PR is currently generating installers and the documentation will follow.  Initially I will just add links from the User Guide to the installers within that PR.  We are looking at a 1.0.0-RC1 release as soon as possible and would love feedback (documentation PRs are welcome, all the HTML docs are generated from AsciiDoc in git here).

Here is the link to the latest Mac OS X version of the installer.
RocksDB is simply a matter of configuring a datastore considering it is all embedded with direct file access:
geowave config addstore <storename> -t rocksdb --directory <directory for data to go>

Redis however requires a separate service.  On Mac OS X you should be able to install this service as easy as `brew install redis` which is likely the most robust long-term option.
But also for simplicity/convenience to get going quickly, bundled with the installer is an embedded redis to play with:
geowave redis run
you can configure your own named store on redis to connect locally:
geowave config addstore <storename> -t redis --address redis://127.0.0.1:6379
or you can just use the storename "default-redis" which again for convenience is pre-configured to connect to a local redis.  The for subsequent commands such as `geowave ingest localtogw` you use the "storename" to tell it where to read/write data.

Hopefully that helps and let us know if you have questions/comments!
Rich