[geomesa-users] GeoMesa 3.0.0 released!

Hi all,

The GeoMesa team here at CCRi is happy to announce the release of version 3.0.0. Artifacts are available from Maven Central and on GitHub[1]. For detailed information on key changes, refer to the release notes and upgrade guide[2]. LocationTech GeoMesa 3.0.0 works with GeoTools 23.x and GeoServer 2.17.x.

GeoMesa now supports HBase 2.2 and Accumulo 2.0!  Some unsupported modules were removed, such as the raster support, native API, and blob storage.  Though there are various minor API differences, the main API still uses the GeoTools DataStore API for most operations.​​​​​​​

This release also has an emphasis on concurrency and performance under load.  We have been performing load and concurrency testing on GeoMesa 3.0 over the last few months, and we’ve had a chance to improve query timeouts and memory management in a few places.  Much of that testing has been done with Accumulo 2.0 and HBase 1.4.  (Note that Accumulo 2.0 now supports AWS S3 for storage.)  I’m pleased with the performance of this release, and I hope you will be as well.

As always, feel free to be in touch with us on our mailing lists and Gitter.

Cheers,

Jim

1. Binary downloads: https://github.com/locationtech/geomesa/releases/tag/geomesa_2.11-3.0.0

2. Release notes: https://geomesa.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/GEOMESA/pages/878936073/GeoMesa+3.0.0+Release+Notes