Re: [geomesa-users] GeoMesa range query performance

Are you using the geotools API programmatically then? There are a lot of things that can affect the query performance, a few things I would look at:

* Check if you data is distributed across the cluster. By default, GeoMesa will create 4 splits on ingestion. If your data doesn't reach the split threshold, then you will only be querying 4 regions on at most 4 servers.
* Check that client can handle the number of threads being used. GeoMesa spawns multiple client threads per query (based on the data store configuration), so by default you'd be running 8 threads per query.
* Try to determine the bottleneck - you may be saturating your network, or your client may not be reading results as fast as they are being delivered.

I'm not familiar with how SpatialHadoop works, so those things may or may not be affecting it as well.

At any rate, I don't think anyone has compared the two before. I'd be interested to see some more detailed results (code samples, timings, etc), if you'd share them.

Thanks,

Emilio