Re: [geomesa-users] RV: HBase limitations

Hi Oscar,

At the moment, GeoMesa's HBase support is rather new.  In order to create the proof of concept, we have focused on point data so far, so the support for non-point geometry may need a little more work.

In terms of missing features, I don't believe any of our computational abilities (MapReduce InputFormat or Spark support) have been ported over.  If security is an area of interest, our Accumulo datastore has feature-level visibility and great infrastructure about that; we haven't wired up any of that for HBase's cell level security.

Cheers,

Jim