Re: [geomesa-users] Attribute Indexing

Marcel,

Roughly in order that you asked...

1.  Yes, it is always possible to get the raw key-value pairs out of
Accumulo.  The easiest way is via the Accumulo shell:

http://accumulo.apache.org/1.6/accumulo_user_manual.html#_accumulo_shell

Login, and then scan the "_attr_idx" table with a command somewhat
similar to this:

  scan -t geomesa_attr_idx

2.  There is nothing particularly novel about the way GeoMesa stores
secondary attribute indexes in the "_attr_idx" table.  This is a
straight lexicographically-encoded-value storage.

3.  There are two parts to using secondary indexes effectively:
encoding and querying.  The best references are to the GeoMesa source
where these occur:

  encoding:
https://github.com/locationtech/geomesa/blob/master/geomesa-accumulo/geomesa-accumulo-datastore/src/main/scala/org/locationtech/geomesa/accumulo/data/tables/AttributeTable.scala

  querying: