[geomesa-users] Transformations, Edge effects?

Hey,

I played around with some geomesa transformations like strConcat() and distance(). This returns the distance in degrees which looks kind of unfamiliar to me. Is there a transformation, which returns the distance in meters or kilometers (given two points)? Which distance do you calculate (euclidean distance, distance using haversin formula or based on an ellipsoid)?

Looking at the results of another query I noticed that one record occurs 4 times (Point(0, 0)). I could imagine that there is the boundary of a geohash and this point intersects with all of the four geohashes around. Do I have to remove these duplicates afterwards?

Thanks again,
Marcel.

Back to the top