From: geomesa-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:geomesa-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Eichelberger
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2015 5:04 PM
To: Geomesa User discussions
Subject: Re: [geomesa-users] Is SF_PROPERTY_END_TIME still supported?

Ben,

The end-date as originally construed is no longer part of the spatio-temporal index.  (In fact, it was never actually part of the index, but was available to be queried against.)

GeoMesa now has support for indexes on secondary attributes, and in that way you could certainly query for all records that satisfied something like...

  arrivalDate <= queryDate AND
  departureDate >= queryDate

The best way to ensure that you're using a secondary index is to set the right flag when the SimpleFeatureType is initially created in GeoMesa.
Here is an example from a unit test on how to use one of the GeoMesa utility classes to help do this:

https://github.com/locationtech/geomesa/blob/master/geomesa-utils/src/test/scala/org/locationtech/geomesa/utils/geotools/SimpleFeatureTypesTest.scala#L93

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
  -- Chris