Re: [geomesa-users] Build error in GeoMesa after checking it out from source

Hi Justin,

Thanks for pointing that out.  It can be difficult when writing documentation to separate out all of one's assumption.  Here, we missed the baseline requirement that GeoMesa be built on a Linux system.  I'll add a line or two to the tutorial tomorrow.

While there is some support for Hadoop on Windows, I am unaware of support for Accumulo on Windows.  Given that, it is unlikely we will be able to provide Windows support for GeoMesa.

I happen to have Windows on my personal laptop, so I'd be happy if the GeoMesa build worked out of the box.  Since it does not, I'd suggest using a Linux VM for the build.

Thanks,

Jim