Re: [geomesa-users] Geomesa with Accumulo 1.6

Hi Manas,

Sorry for the troubles so far.  If I am reading it correctly, I believe the current issue is connecting to the zookeepers.  (I assume cloudera{1,23}ne are running zookeeper at port 10011.)

We need to check out those Zookeepers and make sure they are running and that Accumulo is working fine.  Can you visit the Accumulo monitor page for your cloud?  It runs on the head Accumulo node  at port 50095 by default, and looks like this https://accumulo.apache.org/images/overview2.png.

Assuming that works, you've got Accumulo up and running, and the zookeepers are doing something.  (You'll see a list of the available, configured zookeepers in the upper right hand corner.)  At this point, we should see if we can write to GeoMesa from the machine you are using for GeoServer

For this diagnostic step, you can either use the GeoMesa tools or the GeoMesa QuickStart tutorial.  Our goal is to write to GeoMesa; we'll do so by running through the steps up to and including 'Run the Tutorial' at http://www.geomesa.org/2014/05/28/geomesa-quickstart/.

Running the QuickStart jar writes 1000 SimpleFeatures to GeoMesa and then queries for a subset of them.  Given that GeoServer can't talk to the zookeepers, I think this step will fail.  Hopefully it'll point to something which will help sort out the remaining problems.

As for the GeoMesa panel, I'd suggest checking the GeoServer and/or J2EE Container (Tomcat?) logs.  There may be an exception in there indicating why some of those classes could not be instantiated.  The GeoMesa panel isn't necessary for most GeoMesa use.  That said, I'd like to help figure out why it may not be working perfectly in your environment.

Thanks,

Jim