Re: [geomesa-users] GeoMesa Quick Start - Failure to find ...

Hi Ben,
There are two possible issues at play here. First, the Quick Start's pom.xml lists as dependencies jars labeled 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT, while the tip of GeoMesa's development branch generates jars labeled as 1.0.0-rc.3-SHAPSHOT. This is a bug on our end, and will be fixed shortly via a new commit to the Quick Start's GitHub repository.

Secondly, we require that GeoMesa be built prior to the Quick Start, as we do not yet have GeoMesa artifacts published and accessible via maven on the LocationTech repository. When that occurs, there will be a second entry in the repositories section of the Quick Start's pom.xml that points to pre-built GeoMesa artifacts.

To fix this issue quickly, ensure you've built GeoMesa, and then modify the Quick Start's pom.xml to point to GeoMesa version 1.0.0-rc.3-SHAPSHOT.

Thanks very much for pointing out this problem with the Quick Start!

Cheers,
Michael