[geomesa-users] FOSS4G Talk and Updates

Hi all,

We've got a lot of exciting things going on with GeoMesa, and I wanted to update you about them. For any of you at FOSS4G this year, Anthony will be speaking about GeoMesa today in Track 6 during Session 3. Andrew H. and Anthony will be available to chat more about GeoMesa at our booth; come by and say hi!

Right now, we're wrapping up some paperwork before we can cut our first releases. While that finishes up, the whole team is working to test and document the entire project and especially some of our new features. Let's hit a few of the high points from this summer's development:

* Our newest team members, Jake and Andrew A. have made some big contributions by creating a suite of command-line tools. If you want a sneak-peak, check out https://github.com/locationtech/geomesa/tree/accumulo1.5.x/1.x/geomesa-tools. These tools help manage features, ingest data, and export query results.

* Since most GeoMesa use will involve GeoServer, Emilio has cooked up a UI which integrates with GeoServer. http://www.geomesa.org/2014/08/06/geomesa-ui/

* Andrew H. has implemented a feature called 'tube-select' which lets you see SimpleFeatures which are near in time and space to a traveled path. http://www.geomesa.org/2014/05/16/geomesa-tubeselect/

* Anthony and Andrew H. contributed 'secondary' indexes. One can choose to index attributes. Those indexed attributes will be used when they can speed up query times.

* For those looking for features near them, Mike has implemented K-nearest neighbors as a WPS process.

* For my part, I've been working on the query planner and helping to speed up various pieces of the pipeline.

If you've got questions, let us know. I've enjoyed the discussions on this list.

Thanks,

Jim

Back to the top