Re: [geomesa-users] Temporal filter bug? Temporal filtering seems to be truncated to the second.

Hi Beau,

Good question about access to the GeoMesa Jira.  Somehow I thought it was public, but I was mistaken.  I think Chris or Anthony may be able to help with the Jira administration.

So far, no one has asked for a 'delete-all' GeoMesa tables function.  Honestly, we haven't really considered that anyone might want to delete their finely indexed spatio-temporal data;)

With some seriousness, we consider GeoMesa to be akin to PostGIS.  I don't think there's a single command which will drop any and all PostGIS indexes.  That said, I'm excited about the command line tools which are coming soon.  Some of the initial features will let one list features cataloged and delete a given feature type.  I imagine we'll be able to chain the calls together to blow away (most*) all your GeoMesa tables.

Great suggestions.  Are there other things we can be providing in the 1.0 release?

Thanks,

Jim

* We are using one table for as a 'catalog' table which stores metadata information.  Without this table, we wouldn't know what features are in what tables.  At the minute, I hesitate to think about deleting that table.  Once all other GeoMesa tables have been deleted, it should remain and be empty.