Re: [geomesa-users] Feature writing issue...

Hi Adnan,

Great question!  Geomesa uses the feature id as a unique identifier.  It sounds like you might using the id field to identify/name a thing which is moving/changing shape/varying attributes through time.  If that's the use case, I'd suggest putting that information which identifies the object into a different field like 'name' or 'identifier'.

As for documentation, I'd suggest checking out http://geomesa.github.io/ and looking through the tutorials.  We've integrated with GeoTools, so I'd also point to their documentation about DataStores/FeatureStores (http://docs.geotools.org/latest/userguide/library/api/datastore.html and http://docs.geotools.org/stable/userguide/library/data/featuresource.html).*

Let us know what others questions we can help with,

Jim

* In particular, I believe that you would see the same behavior with (most) other GeoTools FeatureStores.