Re: [geomesa-users] Are both start time and end time used for efficient storage/retrieval?

Thanks Mike for the quick response!

-----Original Message-----
From: geomesa-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:geomesa-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Ronquest
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2014 11:36 AM
To: Geomesa User discussions
Subject: Re: [geomesa-users] Are both start time and end time used for efficient storage/retrieval?

Hi Beau,
              Actually, only one time is used in the index: the one SF_PROPERTY_START_TIME points to.
The end time is not used in any special way.

You are absolutely correct regarding the usage:

simpleFeatureType.getUserData().put(Constants.SF_PROPERTY_START_TIME,
"myStartTimeAttribute");

is the thing to do.

Cheers,
Mike