Re: [gef-dev] Is there a generic Surface/Canvas/... to 'draw' geometric objects to?

GeometryNode (https://github.com/eclipse/gef/blob/master/org.eclipse.gef.fx/src/org/eclipse/gef/fx/nodes/GeometryNode.java) is what you are looking for. You can use it to render the geometries via JavaFX (and through FXCanvas also on SWT).