Re: [gef-dev] SetPropertyValueOperation

Hi David,

thank you for the suggestion! I think you are right: the default for SetPropertyValueOperation#isContentRelevant() should be true. Within the MVC Logo Example, changing curve or shape properties affects the model, so it is indeed content-relevant. Concerning your side note, the other operations are split into visual and content operations (TransformVisual-, TransformContent-, ResizeVisual-, ResizeContentOperation, etc.). Therefore, content-relevancy is fixed for these operations, and does not need to be changed by the user. Hence, no means is provided for doing so. However, SetPropertyValueOperation can be content-relevant (persisted properties) or content-irrelevant (volatile properties). Therefore, it should provide a setter for altering its content-relevancy, so that the user can set it individually for all properties by providing a custom UndoablePropertySheetEntry. I will open a Bugzilla for the issue.

Best regards,
Matthias

I have a question about why SetPropertyValueOperation returns false for isContentRelevant (with no way to change it). It seems that setting a property value via the property sheet would more often than not affect the model data (and therefore dirty an editor). Is there something I’m missing?

Thanks!
David

Matthias Wienand
Fachinformatiker

Telefon: +49 231 9860 202
Telefax: +49 231 9860 211
Mobil:   +49 152 26802283

matthias.wienand@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.xing.com/profile/Matthias_Wienand2
http://www.itemis.de

itemis AG
Niederlassung Lünen
Am Brambusch 15-24
44536 Lünen

Rechtlicher Hinweis:
Amtsgericht Dortmund, HRB 20621
Vorstand: Jens Wagener (Vors.), Wolfgang Neuhaus, Dr. Georg Pietrek, Jens Trompeter
Aufsichtsrat: Prof. Dr. Burkhard Igel (Vors.), Michael Neuhaus, Jennifer Fiorentino

Back to the top