Re: [gef-dev] hi there !

There are some open bug-reports from the webpage (under the developer table at the bottom).

The first bug is not being worked on currently, and undertaking that bug would demonstrate competetency in draw2d, and GEF "targeting" behavior.
The current problem with targeting in GEF is that if the EditPart under the mouse is *NOT* the target, then the Tool will walk up the EditPart Parent tree, which is not ideal.  The parent of an EditPart does not have to be physically "beneath" the child.  To see an example of the problem, Drag a Logic part above a container (Circuit), but also above a connection that is going across that container.  The connection is "targeted", doesn't accept the part, and then the connectionEditPart's parent is obtained, which is not the Circuit.

If you feel comfortable working on this or any other bugs, CC yourself on the BUG, and myself and others interested will be able to discuss the fix using bugzilla e-mails.

Keep in mind that many of these bugs were described by the Team in a minimal way for problems we already knew about.  We can add more information as needed.

lucasb@xxxxxxx
Sent by: gef-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/26/2002 03:21 PM
Please respond to gef-dev