Re: [etrice-dev] Interested to work on "eTrice: Providing Error Markers and Quick Fixes in State Chart Diagrams" in GSoC2013

Hi Rohan,

you are welcome to apply for this project.

The student application period at Google starts today and ends May 3rd [1].
By then you should create a detailed project description and demonstrate your understanding of the idea.

Have you gathered some experience with Eclipse plug-in development already?
For this project you will need some understanding of

  * Graphiti
  * the concept of Markers in Eclipse
  * the concept of Quick Fixes in Eclipse
  * the eTrice State Machine diagram implementation on top of Graphiti

As a starting point you should download the sources and build eTrice on your computer.
There is some documentation for developers on our Wiki [2]. But it is probably not complete.

Good luck with the preparation,
Henrik

[1] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2013
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/ETrice/Development