[etrice-dev] work around for different paths in repository and tutorials

Hello,

I created a work around for following problem:

The import paths in our tutorial models (and others) expects the project with imported model to be in the same folder.

example in Blinky.room:       import room.basic.service.timing.* from "../../../org.eclipse.etrice.modellib.java/models/TimingService.room"

The reason why we do this is to make the tutorials more convenient (no git repo is needed). The disadvantage is that the eTrice developers can not work directly in the git structure.

I created a script for the  windows file system ntfs that creates a folder next to the git repository root with symbolic links that flatten the folder structure of some projects. If you import the linked projects into your runtime workspace (no copy), the projects (tutorials and so on) work. The only disadvantage is that you do not have direct git support in eclipse for those folders, but you see all the changes in git (tortoise, shell or another project directly imported from your local git).

If somebody works on linux, please tell me. It is no problem to do the same for linux.

You can find the script here: http://git.eclipse.org/c/etrice/org.eclipse.etrice.git/tree/team/flattenProjectsWin.bat

You can start it directly from your local git repository.

I hope this helps a bit, especially with the tutorials.

Thomas

------------------

Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Schuetz
Geschäftsführer