[etrice-dev] please always review the list of files you commit

Hi committers and contributors,

we recently had lots of trouble with .class files that have been checked in (my fault in the first place).
As soon as I discovered my mistake I added a .gitignore.
But two contributors have also checked in their changed .class files and this lead to a number of unmergeable conflicts.

So please:
  • if you initially add a plugin make sure you .gitignore the bin folder
  • carefully review the list of files to commit and only add files you have changed and never add .class files
  • in case you have changed xtend sources add also the generated java pendants in the xtend-gen folder (but not the other ones)

Thanks,
Henrik

--

Dr. Henrik Rentz-Reichert