We got PMC responses for our CQs. It turns out a CQ is not needed for contributions made entire by committers. It is needed only for 'substantial' contributions by non-committers (the 1,000 lines is only a guideline). So, we don't need it for the multi-page
HTML or controller checker. This means we can merge them when we think it is ready. And we don't need it for these kinds of things in the future. This will save us a lot of process overhead. This is very good news, I think!
Van: escet-dev <escet-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> namens Ferdie Reijnen <ferdie.reijnen@xxxxxxxxx>
Verzonden: maandag 27 september 2021 07:52
Aan: escet developer discussions <escet-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Onderwerp: Re: [escet-dev] Release v0.3: CQ approvals
I am in favor of delaying and wait for the approval of the multi-page HTML.
I am very much in favor of delaying the release, because indeed the multi-page HTML is a BIG improvement.
If we want to release v0.3 on September 30, 2021 as planned, we should release a release candidate several days in advance to allow testing.
We're still waiting for CQ approval from the IP team, regarding multi-page HTML and the controller checker tool. I poked the PMC again today, to approve them. But then still the IP team has to look at them as well.
I fear we won't get PMC and IP team approval in time for these issues.
What do we want to do? Wait a bit longer and delay the release? Or release and include these two issues in the next release?
I'm personally leaning towards delaying the release a bit, to allow at least the multi-page HTML to be included in this release, as that is much nicer, but also to ensure we get to the new URLs as soon as possible.
What do you all think?
change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit
escet-dev mailing list
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit