Re: [equinox-dev] Classloader precedence of osgi.dev entries

Christoph,

As I understand it, this is primarily used for self-hosted launches.   The way I read it, it modifies/augments the bundle's actual classpath such that it works however the classpath normally works.

If you do a self-hosted launch, you can see the -dev argument from the Properties... of the process and can look in the dev.properties file that's generated.  E.g., it will have lots of entries like this:

org.eclipse.emf.common=bin

I suppose this way you can even debug how that file is read and how it is used, though I assume it does literally what the documentation says it does, i.e., it builds up the classpath for each bundle.  Consider that just looking in a bundle's "." folder would not find the classes that are actually in the bundle's ./bin folder, hence the need for special "dev" classpath behavior...

Regards,
Ed